At Georgia-Pacific, sustainability is part of what we do every day. Whether it’s using resources efficiently to make products that improve people’s lives…contributing to the quality of life in our communities…or maintaining the economic stability of our company, we strive for sustainability in our actions every day.
Georgia-Pacific defines sustainability as “meeting the needs of society today without jeopardizing our ability to do so in the future.”
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound.
The Three Dimensions of Sustainability
Georgia-Pacific believes sustainability has three dimensions – social, environmental and economic. In making business decisions, we try to find the right balance among these dimensions and achieve the following outcomes.
- Using resources wisely
- Complying with laws
- Minimizing the impact of our facilities by operating in a safe, responsible and efficient manner
- Reducing the adverse impact of our products in use
- Maintaining profitability
- Managing the cost to customers and consumers to use our products
- Making products that are preferred in the marketplace
- Positively impacting our communities through local purchases of goods and services, taxes and other community support