The foundation of Georgia-Pacific's environmental commitment is found in our comprehensive Environment, Health and Safety Policy.
Georgia-Pacific, worldwide, will manage operations and develop, produce, distribute and market products in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of employees, customers, contractors and the communities in which we operate, while fully complying with applicable laws and regulations. The company will continuously improve Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) performance toward a goal of zero incidents.
Georgia-Pacific EH&S Commitment
To demonstrate our commitment to superior EH&S performance, the company is committed to:
- Continuing to improve EH&S compliance and performance through the ongoing implementation of EH&S management systems.
- Continuing to integrate EH&S concerns into all business and operational planning and decision-making.
- Providing a safe work environment and training for all employees.
- Achieving, sustaining, and continually improving superior performance in all key EH&S metrics for the industries in which we operate.
- Requiring the same level of commitment and performance for contractors that work in our facilities as we do from our employees.
- Utilizing materials, natural resources, and energy efficiently to produce products and services that support sustainable growth.
- Responding in a timely and appropriate manner if an incident resulting from operations does occur.
- Working proactively with legislators, regulators, concerned groups, and industry peers to develop and advance effective approaches to human health and safety and environmental protection.
- Communicating regularly on EH&S issues and performance with employees, contractors, customers, regulators, the communities in which we operate, and the general public.
- Auditing assets and operating practices regularly, and taking the appropriate corrective actions.