November 15 is America Recycles Day and it's a great time to remember the importance of reducing waste and making sustainable choices.
Through the help of some simple how‐tos from the Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds™ campaign, everyone can turn this day into a teachable moment with fun lessons for the kids – or even yourself! Through its collaboration with Young Minds Inspired, a fun and engaging sustainability curriculum was created to educate kids on the lifecycle of paper and packaging.
These lessons help us learn why paper is one of the most recycled resources on the planet, and how recycling paper and cardboard products helps protect the environment. The activities are designed to build critical thinking, research and even math skills. Download the lessons here.
These are lessons we can recycle our entire lives!
Did You Know?:
- Paper is one of the most widely recycled materials in the world.
- Recycled paper can be made into 5,000 different products.
- 93% of cardboard, and about 65% of all paper, is recycled in the U.S.
- Most paper and cardboard can be recycled 5‐7 times before it has to be discarded.
- Even byproducts from paper production are recycled or reused – as fertilizer, for energy, and in pet beds, etc.
#BeRecycled and be part of the conversation.