Georgia-Pacific California Consumer Privacy Notice
Effective: January 1, 2020
Last Updated: September 2020
Last Reviewed: September 2021
1. Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Notice) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology, telephone number, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers.
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: Education, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.
- Protected Classifications: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, religion, ancestry, and veteran status.
- Commercial Information: Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: Professional or employment-related information
- Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Performing services: Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing: Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short Term Use: Short Term Use: Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Security Purposes: Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging: Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Internal R&D: Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Safety: Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
2. Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Notice, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a purchase, register on our websites, connect to us via social media, send us questions, requests or comments, participate in market research activities or contests, sweepstakes and similar activities, elect to receive business alerts, newsletter and other communications, when you provide information about an incident or allegation, when you apply for a scholarship, grant or award or take part in our Influencer Program
- From your devices, such as when you visit our websites
- Our parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities
- Social networking services
- Online advertising companies
- Consumer data vendors
- Public databases
- GP/System Generated Data
3. Sharing of Personal Information
|CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES||CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION|
|Our parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities||Identifiers; Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Geolocation Data; Employment Information; Inferences|
|Corporate business partners (such as parties involved in a transfer of our assets, attorneys and consultants)||Identifiers; Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Inferences|
|Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators and government authorities||Identifiers; Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80; Protected Classifications; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Inferences|
|Marketing partners (including network advertising companies, social network advertising, publishers and business partners)||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Inferences|
|Data analytics providers||Identifiers; Commercial Information; Online Activity; Inferences|
|Consumer data vendors||Identifiers; Online Activity; Inferences|
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary compensation or other valuable consideration. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
4. California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, subject to relevant exceptions under applicable law, as described below.
Access: You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
Shine the Light Request: If you are a California resident and have provided us with your personal information, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with third parties, including our affiliates if they are separate legal entities, for direct marketing purposes.
Verifying Requests: To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide certain information to help us identify you. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Notice is available in alternative formats upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Incentives: We may collect and use personal information such as your email address and zip code in connection with promotional offers and coupons. These financial incentives are not determined or adjusted on the basis of whether you exercised your rights under the CCPA and are permitted by the CCPA because the incentives we offer to you are reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information. You may opt-in to these incentives by providing your information at the relevant collection point. You have the right to withdraw from the incentives at any time and may do so by clicking the unsubscribe link provided (if electronic mail), or you can click here to submit a request to opt-out.